Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Venetian Light Blockers

You know how they call those things you put on windows to block out the light 'blinds'? I guess they do that because blind people can't see light and when you have blinds you kind of are like a blind person.

In that vein, I think we should start calling earmuffs 'deafs.' And while we're at, we might as well call eyeglasses 'losers,' those pants you're wearing 'uglies,' and the people who name products 'insensitives.'

1 comment:

  1. Well here in the USA we call those blinds "Venetian Blinds" but in Venice they call the "Persiane" which is Italian for Persians. Perhaps in Persia, now knows as Iran they call them "American infidels". Just a thought.